Frequently Asked Questions
- What trades are taught in our apprenticeship program?
There are two (2) separate trades taught in our program. They are:
- Steam Fitting – Pipe Fitting
- Where are the Training Centers located?
Apprentice & Journeymen Training Trust Fund of the Southern California Plumbing and Piping Industry is associated with UA Plumbers Local 582, and operates at 10 training locations within District Council 16.
Please contact our Organizing Department at 714.939.2032 for more information and how to join UA Plumbers Local 582.
- Compton Training Center: 18931 S. Laurel Park Road, Compton, CA 90220
- Phone: 310-604-0892
- Bakersfield Training Center: 6820 Meany Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93308
- Phone: 661-589-3824
- Colton Training Center: 225 S. Rancho Avenue, Colton, CA 92324
- Phone: 909-824-5881
- Gardena Training Center: 18349 S. Figueroa Street, Gardena, CA 90248
- Phone: 310-538-4163
- San Diego Training Center: 6225 Federal Blvd., San Diego, CA 92114
- Phone: 619-262-7589
- San Luis Obispo Training Center: 3710 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Phone: 805-543-2416
- Santa Barbara Training Center: 93 Thomas Road, Buellton, CA 93427
- Phone: 805-688-1470
- Van Nuys Training Center: 7850 Haskell Avenue, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Phone: 310-604-0892
- Ventura Training Center: 547 Sandy Circle, Oxnard, CA 93036
- Phone: 805-988-1054
- What is the starting hourly wage?
Wages and Fringe benefits are based on the Master Labor Agreement depending on your level in the apprenticeship or Journeyman status.To review the current Master Labor Agreement, click here.
- How long is the Apprenticeship Program?
Completion of the program is approximately five years.During this time, you will be required to attend school while receiving on-the-job training as well.
- When are applications available?
- Application are available every Tuesday and Thursday from 1-3 p.m.
Please contact our Organizer to set up an appointment.
Larry Kirkconnell 714-939-2032
- Do I need to have previous experience to enter the program?
- No experience in the trade is needed to apply. However, there is a 1-2 year waiting list for all applicants depending on prior work experience and or certifications pertaining to the trade.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to apply, a high school diploma or GED is required as well.
Applications will not be accepted if the above requirements are not met.
- What happens if my name is not called from the Waiting List?
- Applications expire after a two year period. If you have not have any contact from the Local Union Hall after two year, you will need to submit a new application.
If further information is needed you may contact our office at 714-978-0582.